FOR THE MOJITO:
- 1 tablespoon mango purée (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lime
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 3 ounces light rum
- 1 1/2 ounces mango rum (or substitute with 1 tablespoon mango purée and 1 ounce light rum)
- 1 slice ripe mango, skin on, for garnish
FOR THE MANGO PURÉE:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 6 ounces canned or bottled mango juice
- For the mango purée: combine the mango chunks and mango juice in a blender and purée.
- In a shaker, combine 1 tablespoon purée with the sugar, lime and mint and mash with a muddler or wooden spoon. Add ice and the rums. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with the mango slice.
- 1 cocktail
Courtesy of NewYorkTimes.com